Constituency Office Services

Following is a list of some of the things my constituency office can help you with:

  • Provide information on locating government services and contact information
  • Assist in understanding government policies and services
  • Assist in navigating through government bureaucracy
  • Ensure due process is being followed
  • Attend community events
  • Provide congratulatory messages
  • Provide government documents, legislation, discussion papers and other web-based forms if you don’t have Internet access

Getting Help From Your MLA

The steps below will help you determine the best course of action to address your issue. Please click on the first step, “How Can We Help?” to begin.

Q: The first step is to determine whether or not we are in a position to help you. It’s possible your case may concern another jurisdiction such as the federal government or a local authority. If so, we will point you in the right direction.

A: We are pleased to help you resolve issues you may be having with provincial government agencies. However, by law, there are some things we cannot help you with.This section will help you determine whether or not we can help. If it is a matter we are unable to help you with, we will help you determine the next best course of action.We can help you if:
  • you are a resident of my riding; and
  • your matter is with a provincial government agency.

Unfortunately, we cannot help you if:

  • you have retained a lawyer to represent you pertaining to your case;
  • your matter is pending before the courts;
  • the police are involved. We cannot make inquiries about police investigations. If you have a complaint about police conduct, please direct them to the Office of the Police Complaints Commissioner.

A provincial government agency is an organization that is a part of the provincial government. These agencies and their departments are part of the Premier’s cabinet, or independent agencies established by the Legislative Assembly. Examples of provincial agencies include:

If you’re not sure whether your issue is with a provincial agency, you can contact my constituency office for advice. If you are sure that your issue is with a provincial government agency, proceed to the next step.

Q: Often constituents are simply looking for information. We’ve used this section to provide you with links that can answer many of your questions.

A: Often we find that people are simply seeking information. Fortunately, the Internet is a terrific resource and we’ve used this section to provide you with a number of links to sites where you might find the information you’re looking for.

If you are still unable to find the answers and would like to open a case with my office, please proceed to the next step.

You can also check my Frequently Asked Questions page – you may just find the answer to your question there.


Q: Our goal is to find a resolution to your situation. This section offers a few suggestions on how you can help us to help you.

A:The steps listed below will help make the process of opening a case with my office as efficient as possible, so we can immediately start working on your behalf. Taking the time to gather all the information regarding your case first, will allow my staff to dive right in and assist us in reaching a favourable solution to your issue.First – The Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act
requires you to fill out and sign a Personal Authorization Form giving my staff and me permission to make inquiries on your behalf. Without your authorization we cannot investigate your case.Second – Please prepare copies of any and all documents you have that pertain to your issue. If you don’t have access to a photocopier, my office can make copies of documents that are necessary to make inquiries.Third – Please write out an account of your matter. By providing my office with a detailed description of the case, it will give us a clearer picture and outline to follow when making inquiries. Identify the issue, and then include a description of any actions you have taken, relevant dates, responses you have received and any other additional information that you think will be helpful.Fourth – Once you have gathered all of your information you can either mail it to, or drop it off at, my constituency office. If you have any questions about compiling your information or initiating your case, please contact my constituency office at any time.Now proceed to the final step.
Back to top 


Q: A description of what you can expect to happen when our constituency office receives all the information it needs to make inquiries on your behalf.

A:Once you have opened a case with us and we have all of your information, my constituency assistant will contact the appropriate government body to start making inquiries and inform them of your case. Our office will keep in touch with you as information regarding your case becomes available.Please note that while I can help ensure your case is heard fully and promptly, I cannot overrule any government body’s authority to make a final decision on your case.Always feel free to contact us if you have any questions or new information to provide.

Back to top